Artificial Intelligence is currently the warmest buzzword in tech. And with good reason—the last several years have seen a number of techniques that have previously been in the field of science fiction slowly transform into reality. Specialists look at artificial intelligence as a part of production which has the potential to introduce new sources of growth and transform the way work is done across industries. According to the report How AI Boosts Industry Profits and Innovations, AI is predicted to increase economic growth by an average of 1.7 percent across 16 industries by 2035. The report goes on to say that, by 2035, Artificial Intelligence technologies could improve labor productivity by 40 percent or more, there by increasing economic growth in 12 developed nations that continue to draw talented and skilled experts to work in this field.
This article provides a summary on AI, its most popular industry applications, potential career paths and how certification can help you jumpstart your career in this fast-growing field.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence is a process of creating a computer, a computer-controlled robot or a software think intelligently in a manner similar to the human mind. AI is achieved by studying the patterns of the human brain and by examining the cognitive process. The outcome of these studies produces intelligent software and systems.
Researchers extend the goals of AI to the following:
- Logical Reasoning:- AI programs enable computers to perform sophisticated tasks. On February 10, 1996, a computer called Deep Blue, designed by IBM, won a game of chess against a former world champion, Garry Kasparov.
- Planning and Navigation:- The process of enabling a computer to get from point A to point B. A prime example of this is Google’s self-driving Toyota Prius.
- Natural Language Processing:- Set up computers that can understand and process language.
- Knowledge Representation:- Smalltalk is an object-oriented, dynamically typed, reflective programming language that was created as the language to underpin the “new world” of computing exemplified by “human-computer symbiosis.”
- Emergent Intelligence:- That is, intelligence that is not explicitly programmed, but appears from the rest of the specific AI features. The sight for this goal is to have machines exhibit sensitive intelligence, moral reasoning and more.
- Perception:- Use computers to communicate with the world through vision, sound, touch, and scent.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence:-
Computers and machines affect the way we live and work. Top companies are constantly rolling out revolutionary changes to how we interact with machine-learning technology.
DeepMind Technologies, a British artificial intelligence company, was acquired by Google in 2014. The company created a Neural Turing Machine, allowing computers to mimic the short-term memory of the human brain.
Google’s Driverless cars and Tesla’s Autopilot features are the introductions of AI into the automotive sector. Elon Musk, the founder and CEO of Tesla Motors, has suggested via Twitter that Telsas will have the ability to predict the destination that their owners are wanting to go via learning their pattern of behavior via AI.
Furthermore, Watson a question-answering computer system developed by IBM is designed for use in the medical field. Watson suggests various kinds of treatment for patients based on their medical history and has proven to be very effective.
Largest people, however, utilize more common applications of AI, such as virtual personal assistants in our smartphones. Siri, Cortana, and Google Assistant are some very commonly used digital assistants that are found in Android phones, iOS, and Windows. These applications collect information, interpret what is being asked and then supply the answer via fetched data and each one gradually improves based on user preferences.
Reasons to Gain Artificial Intelligence Certification:-
Here are top reasons why you should gain a certification in AI if you’re looking to join this field full of potential.
- Higher Chances of an Interview:- If you are looking to enter the AI industry, a certification like IgmGuru’s Machine Learning Online Training program will help you reach the interview stage because you’ll possess skills that many people in the market do not. Certification will help convince prospective employers that you have the right skills and expertise for a job and make you a valuable candidate.
- Demand for Certified AI Professionals will Continue to Grow:- One in five organizations will be using AI to make judgments in 2018. It will help organizations offer customized solutions and guidance to employees in real time. Therefore, a sharp increase in demand for experts with skills in emerging technologies like AI will only grow.
- New and Unconventional Career Paths:- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is expected to generate 2.3 million jobs by 2020 according to a recent report from Gartner. The Capgemini report found that 83 percent of companies using Artificial Intelligence say that technology is leading to the production of new jobs. Because of AI, new skill sets are required in the workforce, leading to new job opportunities.
Some of the top AI roles include:
- AI/Machine Learning Researcher:- Researching to find improvements to machine learning algorithms.
- AI Software Development, Program Management and Testing:- Developing systems and infrastructure that can apply machine learning to an input data set.
- Data Mining and Analysis:- Deep investigation of large data sources, often creating and training systems to recognize patterns.
- Machine Learning Applications:- Applying machine learning or AI framework to a specific problem in a different domain. For example, applying machine learning to gesture recognition, ad analysis or fraud detection.
- Improve Your Earning Potential:- The average Artificial Intelligence engineer can earn $135,000 per year. According to the Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in 2019, many of the top tech enterprises are investing in hiring talent with AI knowledge. A certification in AI is a step in the right direction to enhance your earning potential and make you more marketable.
Career Benefits of Learning AI:-
More reasons than your job becoming obsolete exist for a desire to learn AI. First, jobs will shift from boring, mundane ones to more creative ones as people get new training in critical thinking and the humanities. People will need to work next to machines, which have no creative abilities, so using such reasoning will become paramount. And exciting!
Also, business growth will develop, and with it, people’s business knowledge will grow, too. This will help the global economy grow, which it must do as the population further develops and resources deplete.
and, labor productivity could increase by up to 40%. Imagine that!
How Do You Learn AI:-
You have many options. A lot of courses have sprung up for you to learn AI – from teaching you a basic understanding of earning you a master’s degree of some sort.
IgmGuru offers many options to learn AI your way. We provide a Machine Learning Certification Course and Deep Learning (with Tensor Flow) Course that will help you become a deep learning scientist by learning AI through the open source platform, Tensor Flow. You’ll learn to implement algorithms, artificial neural networks and traverse layers of data abstraction to understand the power of data, too. This will be a beginner’s course encouraging every participant to learn AI.